Suc6! Recruitment B.V.
For a fast growing American, one of the world's leading companies in Mecial Devices, we are looking for an highly ambitious and experienced
Demand Planner m / v
You will be responsible for building the European Demand forecast, by analyzing market trends and capturing existing and future market requirements. For that objective the individual will facilitate necessary communication with business leaders and Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Managers. The individual will work with regional marketing and operations partners to reconcile and synchronize demand forecasts in order to maintain product availability while keeping inventory investments at targeted levels. The forecast provided will be used by the Supply and KIT Planners to help determine manufacturing needs and resources required to meet the plan. Investment decisions could be made based on the information provided by the Demand Planner.
• Work closely with the Supply Planners & Kit Planner to ensure accurate and on time replenishment of stock and optimal
Customer Service levels
• Proactively assemble and analyze all data (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions) and apply forecasting
techniques to create the sales forecast. In addition, capture any new KIT requirements and relay the information to the KIT
• Flawless supply chain execution for all product phase ins
• Lead Demand meetings with Sales and Marketing organizations at divisional level and serve as the primary planning contact for
Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and Finance business partners
• Lead IBP meetings at divisional level and leverage best available cross-functional inputs and apply judgment based on
knowledge of the business and robust cross-functional discussions.
• Serve as the primary planning contact for the Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Manager
• Use Demand Planning tools and technologies and suggest improvements to improve the current demand planning process.
• Measure, manage and improve forecast accuracy for his/her division by effectively analyzing sources of forecast error and
recommending appropriate action plans.
• Review item master data and suggest amendments, when necessary
• Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives for future consideration to Divisional Management. Can make
recommendations for targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
• Support process of Safety Stock level setting and keep EU stock levels in line with company guidelines (KPI inventory free stock
(days) and forecasted demand (in cooperation with the Supply Planner)
• Close collaboration with Franchises to allocate products to specific Sales Companies and / or specific orders.
• Analyze data and producing various adhoc reports
• Initiate and participate in Supply Chain projects to improve productivity, processes and savings.
• Managing the EU forecast in the companies forecast tool (read: Demantra)
Creating Statistical forecast - Data Sources for forecasting inclucing planned sales orders, customer contracts and intercompany standing orders - Final forecst - Suppliers - Stakeholders - Sales Data - Importing Customer Forecasts - Supply and Demand Collaboration - Reexamining data and adjusting planning accordingly
Multi-step operational Supply Chain Management (SCM) process - Creating reliable forecasts - Effective demandplanning - Enchancing profitability for a channel or product - Align inventory levels with peaks and troughs in demand
You find yourself a way within an American international matrix organization, where ambition, convincing power and enthusiasm are expected
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Materials Management, Life Sciences, Engineering or equivalent is
• At least 3 years experience as a Demand & Supply planner in an international environment.
• Strong analytical / quantitative skills
• Ability for decision making, to work under pressure, and capacity to make good judgment under critical situations. Accuracy and
prioritization in a fast-paced environment.
• Team work and customer service orientation.
• Demonstrate planning processes and inventory management skills.
• Must have knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance,
manufacturing and supply chain issues. Prior experience with demand planning tools like Oracle Demantra, Demand Solutions
or SteelWedge is a plus.
• APICS certification and Lean Manufacturing Training is preferred. Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools, training and/or
certification experience is highly preferred.
• Fluency in English. Fluency in a second language at international divisions is a plus.
• Must be proficient in Project Planning software, Flow Charts, and management of Database tools. Must have experience using
statistical software packages and must be capable of extensive spreadsheet analysis.
• Hands on work experience with inventory, planning, order management and MRP computer systems are required.
• Experience with the Oracle e-Business Suite with regard to purchasing, inventory management, PLM and forecasting modules.
• Experience in two or more of the following disciplines are required: Supply Chain Planning, Demand Management/Forecasting,
Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement, Order Management, Inventory Management and/or Contract Manufacturing.
• Background in new product introductions and supplier metrics is preferred; experience of ERP systems is required.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to drive results through a global matrix structure is required.
• Proven ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization.